PhD and M.S. (Univ. of Minnesota);
B.Tech. (IIT Madras)
- Stochastic Hydrology
- Space-time Structure and Scale-invariance of Precipitation
- Tropical Rainfall and its Extremes
- Hydrological Modelling
- Mathematical Methods in Climate Science (AS209)
- Pritam Borah (PhD)
- Vaibhav Bathri (MTech)
- Ram Ratan (PhD, 2016)
- Anwesa Bhattacharya (PhD, 2016; jointly with Arindam Chakraborty)
- Malarvizhi Arulraj (M.Tech., 2014); currently enrolled for PhD at Duke University
- Pranesh Muddebihal (M.Tech., 2014; jointly with Ravi Nanjundiah); currently at Function Space Labs, Pune.
- Bodhi Chattopadhyay (M.S., 2013; jointly with Jai Sukhatme); currently at Swiss Re Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore.
- Karthik Madhyastha (M.S., 2013; jointly with Jai Sukhatme); currently at ATREE, Bangalore.
- Sandeep Sahany (PhD, 2010; jointly with Ravi Nanjundiah); Faculty, Centre for Atmospheric Sciences, IIT Delhi ; Senior Scientist, Centre for Climate Research, Singapore; PostDoc, UCLA.
- Ram Ratan (M.S., 2009); currently enrolled for PhD at CAOS.
- Charu Singh (M.S., 2007); currently at Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun.
- Salameh et al., Fifteen years (1993-2007) of surface freshwater storage variability in the Ganges-Brahmaputra river basin using multi-satellite observations, Water , 9(4), 245; DOI:10.3390/w9040245, 2017.
- V. Venugopal and J. M. Wallace, Climatology of contribution-weighted tropical rain rates based on TRMM 3B42, Geophysical Research Letters, DOI:10.1002/2016GL069909, 2016.
- A. Bhattacharya, A. Chakraborty and V. Venugopal, Role of aerosols in modulating cloud properties during active-break cycle of Indian summer monsoon, Climate Dynamics, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-016-3437-4, 2016.
- V. Venugopal, K. Virts, J. Sukhatme, J. M. Wallace and B. Chattopadhyay, A comparison of the fine-scale structure of the diurnal cycle of tropical rain and lightning, Atmospheric Research, DOI:10.1016/j.atmosres.2015.09.004, 2015.
- J. Sukhatme and V. Venugopal, Waxing and waning of observed extreme annual tropical rainfall, Quarterly Journal of Royal Meteorological Society, DOI: 10.1002/qj.2633, 2015.
- F. Papa et al.,Satellite-derived surface and sub-surface water storage in the Ganges-Brahamputra River Basin, Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies, DOI:10.1016/j.ejrh.2015.03.004, 2015.
- A. Bhattacharya, A. Chakraborty and V. Venugopal Variability of cloud liquid water and ice over South Asia from TMI estimates,Climate Dynamics, DOI: 10.1007/s00382-013-1978-3, 2014.
- Ratan, R. and V. Venugopal, Wet and dry spell characteristics of global tropical rainfall, Water Resources Research, 49, DOI:10.1002/wrcr.20275, 2013.
- Suprit, K., D. Shankar, V. Venugopal, and N. V. Bhatkar, Simulating the daily discharge of the Mandovi river, west coast of India, Hydrological Sciences Journal, DOI:10.1080 / 02626667.2012.674641, 2012.
- Sahany, S., V. Venugopal, and R. S. Nanjundiah, The 26 July 2005 heavy rainfall event over Mumbai: Numerical modeling aspects, Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics, DOI:10.1007 / s00703-010-0099-3, 109, 115-128, 2010.
- Sahany, S., V. Venugopal, and R. S. Nanjundiah, Diurnal scale signatures of monsoon rainfall over the Indian region from TRMM satellite observations, Journal of Geophysical Research, Atmospheres, DOI:10.1029 / 2009JD012644, 115, D02103, 2010.
- Roux, S. G., V. Venugopal, K. Fienberg, A. Arneodo, and E. Foufoula-Georgiou, Evidence for inherent nonlinearity in temporal rainfall, Advances in Water Resources , DOI:10.1016 / j.advwatres. 2008.09.007, 32 (1), 41-48, 2009.
- B. N. Goswami, V. Venugopal, D. Sengupta, M. Madhusoodanan and Prince K. Xavier, Increasing trend of extreme rain events over India in a warming environment, Science, 314, 1442, doi: 10.1126/science.1132027, 2006.
- Venugopal, V., S. G. Roux, E. Foufoula-Georgiou and A. Arneodo, Revisiting multifractality of high resolution temporal rainfall using a wavelet-based formalism, Water Resources Research, 42 (W06D14), DOI:10.1029/2005WR004489, 2006.
- Gupta, R., V. Venugopal and E. Foufoula-Georgiou, A methodology for merging multisensor precipitation estimates based on expectation-maximization and scale recursive estimation, Journal of Geophysical Research, 111 (D02102), DOI:10.1029/2004JD005568, 2006.
- Venugopal V., S. Basu, and E. Foufoula-Georgiou, A new metric for comparing precipitation patterns with an application to ensemble forecasts, Journal of Geophysical Research, 110 (D08111), DOI:10.1029/2004JD005395, 2005.